Hario V-60/ Kalita
This is one of the most efficient methods and provides best extraction because there is constant flow of water at controlled steady rate, which ensures that is never too saturated and facilitates a better extraction with minimum retention in coffee grounds (as it happens in immersion methods).
With right technique we can always get better and consistent results with this method.
Note: Here we are not considering any drip method that takes more than 5-6 minutes to drip.
TOTAL BREW TIME 2:30 to 4 min
You would need:
- A pour over dripper with filter paper.
- A goose neck kettle or any kettle with which you may pour water in a controlled manner.
- A coffee mug or caraffe to collect brewed coffee.
- A burr type coffee grinder. (Electric or manual).
- 19 g of good quality, freshly roasted coffee.
- Water and a kettle/ pot with heating source to heat it.
- Weighing scale and timer.